Name: Barry Payne
Wife: Ellen Payne
Areas of Ministry(ies): New Members & New Converts, Education – Support & Resources
New Members & New Converts (Barry – primary, Rick Laukka – secondary)
1. Identify areas of interest for new and existing members by providing member information packets within a few weeks of placing membership and on special occasions such as when photos are made for a new directory, etc. These are reviewed by the eldership and disseminated to the deacons by the church secretary.
2. Provide displays of elders and deacons, with their respective areas of responsibility, as well as ministers.
3. Conduct a new converts class, as needed, that further educates on first principles of Christianity (currently taught by Matt Amos). Curriculum has been developed for a quarterly class.
4. Conduct a new member orientation session, as needed, that familiarizes new members with the history, ministries, opportunities to serve and leadership of the congregation. Information is provided during two consecutive Sunday morning sessions.
Education – Support & Resources
1. Provide a teacher’s workroom that is staffed and supplied so that Sunday/Wednesday and Day School teachers have the resources and supplies needed to conduct classes.
2. Conduct a Teacher’s Workroom orientation session, as needed, that familiarizes teachers with the resources and supplies available for their use.
3. Provide a church library that is staffed and supplied so that teachers and members have the resources they need to assist in teaching and learning.
4. Provide activities, such as the summer reading program, that introduces the resources of the library to children and their parents.